Friday, May 9, 2008

Dear Thailand

I realize I shouldn't blame you for what India started, but you haven't been treating me much better, I have to admit. And maybe that's my fault -- maybe somewhere deep inside, I seek out abusive countries on purpose. Perhaps you remind me of America. But this has to stop. First the parasites (again, not really your fault), then the massive eye infection, and now the sea lice welts. I guess you thought it would be pretty funny, huh? Catch me unawares? I finally take my belated-birthday snorkeling trip and suddenly I feel like I'm in an underwater sand storm? Real cool, Thailand. Real cool. At least you didn't bloody me like you did the men I was diving with. Jealous much?

So I'm leaving you. There, I said it. Tomorrow at 11 a.m. I have a bus ride back to Bangkok and then on to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Do you know what Siem Reap means, Thailand? I means "Siam (or Thailand) Defeated." Yeah. That's right. In your FACE, Thailand. In your face!

Sucka.

You ain't gonna hold me back. I will survive. Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye? Did I crumble? Did you think I'd lay down and die? Oh no, not I. I will survive...

Now, if you'll excuse me, my sun tan seems to be peeling and leaving moist little bloody spots on my arm. DAMN YOU THAILAND!

No comments: